The pharmaceutical industry doesn’t lag behind in using advanced digital software for optimizing the processes needed for flawless and accurate performance. Modern pharmaceutical software solutions are used worldwide to improve pharmacy management, enhance patient adherence to prescribed medication, and discover new drugs and their positive/side effects faster. In this article, we’ll review how else software solutions for pharmaceutical industry change the processes and what are the top ten sought-after tools that pharma companies prefer.
Software Solutions for Pharmaceutical Industry: What’s the Catch?
Pharma software solutions streamline the processes that concern pharmacy management, such as paperwork, supply, stock tracking, order handling, etc. Some have the potential to become a part of a global digital healthcare network and collect data that can be used for further research or for reporting cases of drug misuse/side effects. Let’s review the main reasons to use IT solutions for pharmaceutical industry.
- To improve in-house management. Monitoring medication prescriptions, minimizing waste, dispensing medicines, and preventing drug shortages — that’s just a few routine tasks of every pharmacy assistant or technician. Many of these processes can be automated by pharmacy software solutions, thus increasing the efficiency of pharmacy workers, eliminating the possibility of errors, and preventing the items from being out of stock. These solutions use personal or corporate identification information, which is why the pharmacy management software development should comply with industry and legal standards to make sure that the data are securely kept and used.
- To plan enterprise resources. By navigating complex production processes, delivery, and order completing, enterprise resource planning solutions (ERP) cover the needs of any growing business. They are like the nervous system of your enterprise. Pharma software development services provide data integrity, timely access to reliable information, and the ability to share information throughout the organization. Eliminating errors, data re-entry, and data transfer gaps make these tools extremely useful for pharmacy growth.
- To manage supply chain, logistics, and distribution. Much like any other retail business, every supplier/manufacturer needs a robust system that would help manage the drug distribution from them to pharmacies/retailers. The latter also need to know when the ordered drugs will be delivered so they can notify their clients about the approximate pick-up date. These kinds of pharma software solutions can be integrated into the buyer’s system to streamline the drug order and delivery processes.
- To deal with billing and accounting. Nothing simplifies the work of a pharmacy manager like automation of billing and accounting processes. The beauty of such solutions is that they may have the database of clients, healthcare providers, and suppliers integrated into the system, so it takes seconds for the pharmacy worker to have a bill, invoice, or tax report ready.
- To discover new drugs. According to Nature, AI-powered life science programs are beneficial for pharmaceutics, as they are capable of processing large strata of data derived from biomaterial, previous research, and scientists’ input to simulate the activity of the drug in testing on the target cells. This has the potential to filter out the ineffective medicine, point at the long-term side effects, and define the toxicity level of the tested drug. Bonus point, it may also reduce the number of animal trials.
The value of digitalization for the pharma business is immense. Empeek chose the top ten types of pharma software solutions that are in global demand.
Top 10 Cloud-based Software Solutions for Pharmacy
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Orion EHR. This dynamic company resource planning solution integrates separate units of the team, disparate processes, functions, and systems. It helps prioritize R&D investment and contributes to creating your pharmaceutical brand’s culture by representing the value of medications to the customers. The solution is also of great importance to medical researchers. With access to combined clinical data, the clinical trials become more effective and worthily contribute to evidence-based medicine.
- Marg Pharmacy Software is a comprehensive ERP solution for pharmacy development. It includes inventory control, billing, and accounting, creating different kinds of reports and electronic health records for the company. Data input and list creation are also simplified, and very little real human involvement is required for performing routine tasks.
- BatchMaster ERP is a solution for improving the cost-efficiency of the pharmaceutical enterprise. The products can enter the market faster and comply with all the requirements. Every step of the company production process is documented, and the electronic record management takes your products from the raw materials to finished medical goods. You can see fields for improvements at every stage when analyzing the collected data.
- Uneecops SAP Business One enables creating secure and reliable reports and organizes all the information at your pharmacy into an accessible and easy-to-use system. Your pharmacy business becomes completely visible and easily manageable.
Supply Chain Manufacturing
- RetailGraph is an all-in-one retail management solution for small and mid-sized pharmaceutical companies. Available on desktop, Android, and web-based platforms, the product has various modifications that meet the needs of a specific company or pharmacy.
Billing and Accounting
- Pharmsoft by C-Square is a service that can be used by independent pharmacy owners and helps them with the active engagement of the customers with the information they need. The people smoothly go from the website to the payment section. Different kinds of calculations and compliance with e-returns make this solution up-to-date and useful for a pharmacological company.
- HorizonERP is one of the solutions for pharmaceutical software designed for hospitals and pharmaceutical organizations to deal with financial tasks. It includes the features needed for prepaid and postpaid billing, quick invoices, checking payment status, etc. A simple and convenient platform can handle a hundred thousand invoices per year in a clinic or a small pharmacy.
- Omnitracker is a multi-functional software solution that can be integrated into different kinds of business, pharmacy included. It helps create mail campaigns, various reports, and price lists that significantly improve the communication between your business and clients while selling.
Logistics and Distribution
- BD Pyxis tool helps manage medication inventory without paper and pen and tracks all the movement of orders and deliveries in the company.
- EssentialSFA connects all the units of the supply chain in the pharmacy into an accessible system. You can track every item due to the integrated GPS system and allows for offline reporting to keep all your data synchronized.
Quality development of pharmaceutical software solutions depends on the expertise and industry knowledge of the tech companies you trust the development with. Throughout six years of developing HIPAA- and GDPR-compliant solutions for healthcare, the Empeek team has gained a profound portfolio of from-scratch and custom software that shows our ability provide profound pharma app development services. Contact us today to learn what IT services the modern pharmacological companies use now and what solutions your business needs to provide more value and beat the competition.